Note: Being a software development company, when we discovered the complex procedures and documentation to be in compliance with SB-1383, we wrote these tools for our own use. Then decided to share them with other at risk businesses, which happens to be every business in California! For this reason, you will see the tools available to you adapt and change to continue to ensure compliance. We are counting on these tools to help us avoid fines too.
One more thing, when you get audited, take notes, take photos or video. Share it with us so we can make our tools better for all of us. ~Chuck Peavey
California SB-1383 (SLCP)... Mandatory Audits and Fines beginning January 1, 2022:
The BEC was founded to help businesses navigate environmental regulation while keeping an eye on the bottom line...
Then, in 2016, California passed SB-1383 (Short Lived Climate Polutants) regulations. There is no way around this, there is no loophole, any "good faith effort" clause has been replaced with "Mandatory fines." Your business will be fined, our business will be fined. Even the Jurisdictions themselves will be fined for non-compliance.
- We provide tools to help your business avoid these fines as much as possible
- Services provided to mitigate the effects of SB-1383 on your business include:
- Employee training on how to throw away trash (mandatory every year or a $50-$500 per employee fine)
- Auto-documentation that employees have been trained (mandatory every year or a $2500 improper documentation fee)
- Signs and posters you can print (mandatory or a $50-$500 per violation)
- Self Assessment instructions to help you be ready when auditors show up at your location
- Email support for questions regarding SB-1383
- In some cases the law is not well defined & courts defer to the authoritative agency (CalRecycle)
- Note: if we don't know the answer, we will ask CalRecycle and get back to you
- The BEC monitors the California enforcement of environmental regulations for changes so we can help keep you prepared
The Business Environmental Coalition (BEC) is committed to...
- Providing businesses with a voice on overreaching environmental business regulations
- Providing a platform where public and private sectors can collaborate on environmental issues
- Providing environmental expertise to businesses who want to reach real environmental objectives
- And Now... Limiting your exposure to fines under California SLCP (SB-1383)